Thursday, October 20, 2011

Module 8

I had never heard of RSS feeds before today. Being a bit of a bandit for adding websites to my favourites list (and then forgetting that I have them there) I can see the merit of using an RSS feed.
In terms of using one in the classroom I would probably be more inclined to set one up for students or at least give them a list of websites and letting them choose which ones to add to their feed. In a world where time is precious, things like RSS feeds and Delicious means that time spent trawling the web and sifting through sites is greatly reduced. I have noticed that often when you get students to do a google search for something, they can spend a fair bit of time just trying to find meaningful information and before they know it the period is over! Having RSS feeds available to them would mean having more time to do constructive work.

No comments:

Post a Comment