Sunday, October 30, 2011

Module 10

The "Wikis in Plain English" video made it pretty clear that emails are the old way of sharing info... And after viewing the video this was very obvious to me. I'd be keen to set up a wiki for one of my classes but I'm sure I would need to give a few introductory lessons so that students would be able to confidently navigate their way through...
With regards to Nings am I right in saying that a Ning is basically a website that has a theme with lots of useful resources and groups within that webiste that have a specific goal? Is Ning just a fancy word for a website?
How can Web 2.0 assist in improving learning outcomes for all students?
Look in any class and it's blatantly obvious that the students in it are as varied as snowflakes! They each have their own strengths, weaknesses and learn in VERY different ways. Web 2.0 takes this into account and pretty much squashes the whole "chalk and talk" approach to teaching and learning (not that I ever taught like that!). Previously students have had to approach learning in a way that was very "black and white", Web 2.0 means that learning is all the colours of the rainbow and students are given a sense of ownership over their learning. They can choose to be as different and creative as they like while still remaining engaged in their learning. As long as they still reach the same end point I guess it doesn't really matter how they get there hey? :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment