Thursday, September 1, 2011

Module 1

So here I am... On maternity leave looking after my 10 week old baby girl and blogging away like a mad woman... Hows that for multi tasking?!
Just to give you an idea of who I am in a nutshell, I am a PDHPE teacher at a school in Lewisham, I've been there for 6 years and have found it to be a rewarding, challenging and amazing experience. 
My thoughts so far on Module 1 and the whole Web 2.0 business are varied to say the least.
Firstly, I had no idea that there were so many different tools on the web that could be used in the classroom to help engage students. Working in a school where it is a constant challenge to keep students engaged I can certainly see the benefits of doing this course.
Secondly, I've come to realise that the number of passwords and email accounts I now have is a few more than I would like. No doubt that before the end of this course I will have gotten passwords and user names muddled up.
Thirdly, how good is You Tube for just about anything?! I've used it in the past to look up really trivial things like how to cast on when knitting, when I've wanted to re-live my days as a child of the 80's and watch snippets of cartoons like Fraggle Rock and for more important things like ways to spice up lessons for students. Can I just say I'm glad that there are tutorials for things like how to add blog details to the course Wiki because without it I would have no idea.
Finally, I can see the appeal of blogging although I am unsure of how people find the time to do it regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment